Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day #6- How To Be A Modern Day Vintage Housewife

It's so much fun visiting my family and learning things from my parents about how they grew up. I love hearing the stories they have to tell. Just listening to them, I learn new things about the lifestyle of the 1950's. I had to giggle at how my grandfather would discipline my dad... he made him move rocks from one pile to another and then back again. I think this is an excellent plan I can incorporate into my family... Georgia is made up of rocks and my dad said it definitely worked! ;)

Tomorrow I am going to visit my grandmother so I will have the opportunity to ask her all about being a housewife in the 1950's. I have so many questions I'd love to know the answers to. She has always praised me for staying at home with the children, but I wonder if she ever wanted to, or had the opportunity to work outside of the home. I think, as a woman, we should have the opportunity to work outside the home if we desire to, but we should also not be condemned if we choose to stay at home. It's simply a choice, and neither choice is right or wrong, it's simply how one chooses to live their life.

I found a really great magazine called "Vintage Life", and you can read the entire first issue online, but I found  the article "How to Be A Vintage Housewife" a rather fun read!

It's Turkey Day, so I must make this a quick post, but I wanted to share this fun magazine with my vintage loving friends!

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Angela~

No comments:

Post a Comment